One of the options for homemade products is adjika with horseradish and tomatoes without cooking. Its preparation takes a minimum of time, since it is enough to prepare the ingredients according to the recipe and grind them. Preservation of the sauce provides for horseradish, which does not allow the spread of germs.
How to cook adjika
The easiest way to cook adjika is to chop the tomatoes, add garlic, horseradish root and salt. With this option, there is no need to cook vegetables. Garlic and horseradish serve as preservatives here and do not allow the sauce to deteriorate throughout the winter.
Cooking sauce without cooking allows you to save vitamins and trace elements contained in vegetables. During heat treatment, most of them are lost. Adjika gets more savory taste by adding carrots, bell peppers and apples.Tip! Add vinegar to help prolong the shelf life of the sauce.
To get homemade blanks need a meat grinder or blender. With their help, the vegetables are chopped, and the finished dish gets a pasty consistency.
Preparation of horseradish
The greatest difficulty during cooking adzhika is the processing of horseradish. This component is hard, difficult to clean and chop. Therefore, pre-horseradish root soaked in cold water, then washed with a brush. You can remove the top layer using a peeler.
The second problem with prescription horseradish is a pungent smell. This ingredient also irritates the mucous membranes of the nose and eyes. If possible, it is recommended to carry out all operations with him outdoors.Tip! Before scrolling horseradish through a meat grinder, put a plastic bag on it.
Get rid of the smell from the skin to help salt water. Since horseradish slaughters the grinder, it is ground after all other products. Otherwise, you will have to wash the meat grinder before processing tomatoes and other vegetables.
The simplest option adzhika involves the use of tomatoes without cooking with horseradish and garlic. The classic version of the crap is prepared using the following technology:
- Tomatoes (3 kg) are placed in boiling water for a few minutes, then they are removed and peeled.
- Purified horseradish root (0.3 kg) is divided into several parts.
- In garlic (0.5 kg) peel is removed.
- All components scroll through the meat grinder.
- Mix the vegetable mixture thoroughly, add salt (30 g) and sugar (60 g).
- The resulting mass is laid out in cans for canning.
Adjika with pepper and horseradish
When pepper is added, the taste of the sauce softens a bit, although it does not lose sharpness:
- Tomatoes (0.5 kg) are cut into 4 pieces.
- Bulgarian pepper (0.5 kg) must be cut into several parts, cleaned from seeds and peduncles.
- Hot pepper (0.2 kg) can be left entirely, enough to cut off the tails. Due to its seed sauce will turn out especially sharp.
- Horseradish root (80 g) is peeled and cut into chunks up to 5 cm long.
- Garlic (0.1 kg) is peeled.
- The prepared ingredients are turned through a meat grinder and mixed thoroughly.
- Salt is added to the vegetable mass (2 tbsp.) And sugar (2 tbsp. L.).
- Adjika is allowed to infuse for 2-3 hours.
- The finished product is laid out on the banks, which are pre-sterilized. If banks close nylon covers, then you can store them only in the refrigerator.
Adjika with ginger and horseradish
After adding the ginger sauce acquires spicy flavor. It turns out such adjika without cooking while observing the following process:
- Ripe meaty tomatoes (1 kg) are dipped in boiling water for a couple of minutes, then they are taken out and the skin is removed. The flesh is cut into large pieces.
- Sweet pepper (1 pc.) Is cut in half, eliminating the seeds and stalk.
- Carrots (1 pc.) Peel and cut into large chunks.
- One onion and a head of garlic must be peeled, the onion should be cut into several pieces.
- Also prepare the ginger root (50 g) and horseradish (100 g).
- The prepared components are ground in a food processor or blender.
- Separately, you need to chop one bunch of fresh parsley and cilantro.
- Greens are added to the vegetable mass, and then mixed thoroughly.
- Adjika is left for 2 hours to make it true.
- Before spreading the sauce over the cans, you can squeeze the juice from half a lemon into it.
Adjika with green tomatoes and horseradish
In the absence of ripe tomatoes, they will be successfully replaced by unripe vegetables. For home-made products, only green tomatoes are chosen that have not begun to turn yellow or blush.
Green tomato sauce is prepared according to the following recipe:
- Tomatoes in an amount of 5 kg is cut into several pieces. They can not remove the skin, because it will not affect the quality of the sauce.
- The next step is the preparation of horseradish and garlic, which require 0.2 kg.
- Tomatoes, hot peppers (6 pcs.), Horseradish and garlic are passed through the meat grinder.
- The resulting mass is mixed, add vegetable oil (1 tbsp. L.) and a glass of salt.
- Ready sauce laid out on the banks.
Adjika with horseradish and beetroot
Beetroot can be added to traditional adjika with horseradish, then its taste will become deeper. The sauce is prepared with the following recipe:
- First, prepare the beets (1 kg), which need to be peeled and cut large vegetables into several parts.
- Then clean 0.2 kg of garlic and 0.4 kg of horseradish.
- The components scroll through a meat grinder and add salt to taste.
- Vegetable mass is thoroughly mixed to dissolve the salt.
- Add spice to help chilli.
- Ready adjika spread on the banks. When the sauce is served at the table, you can add to it a little chopped walnuts.
Adjika with greens and horseradish
Fresh greens are used as a supplement to the finished adjika. However, for the winter you can make a sauce that already contains dill and parsley. Since the components are not cooked during the cooking process, the greens will retain their beneficial properties. These blanks are stored only in the refrigerator.
Prepare the sauce with herbs will help the following recipe:
- Tomatoes (2 kg) are cut into several pieces.
- Bulgarian pepper (10 pcs.) It is necessary to cut, then remove the seeds and stalk.
- Similar actions are performed with hot peppers. For sauce take it in the amount of 10 pieces.
- Then cook garlic (8 pcs.), Which is peeled and horseradish (100 g).
- The ingredients prepared in this way are passed through a meat grinder.
- Separately chopped dill (0.2 kg) and parsley (0.4 kg).
- Greens are placed in the vegetable mass, add salt (30 g).
- The sauce is laid out on the banks for the winter.
To get a sharp adjika, it is not necessary to cook vegetables. It is enough to prepare the components, if necessary, clean them and grind. More acute adzhika, where in addition to horseradish there is a hot pepper or ginger. If you want to soften the taste, then add sweet peppers, carrots or beets. A meat grinder or blender is needed to prepare the sauce. Keep raw adjika need in the refrigerator, especially if it includes fresh greens.