At least once, everyone in the supermarket acquired a flat cylindrical, blunt-colored fruits of Dordogne-style carrots. Trading networks acquire an orange vegetable of this variety due to the possibility of long-term non-waste storage, an excellent presentation: root crops in the bulk look selective.
Characteristic varieties of carrots Dordogne F1
Hybrid cultivar of the Nantes Dutch breeding company Syngenta Seeds. Equal in size roots with a size variation of 2-3 cm are suitable for fresh consumption, long-term storage, canning. The difference in weight of commercial fruits does not exceed 40 g.
The term for achieving commodity standards from sowing before the start of mass harvesting of carrots does not exceed 140 days. Selective harvesting of root crops begins 3 weeks earlier. The number of crooked and not reaching the standard size of the fruit does not exceed 5%. The upper part of the root crop, protruding 2-4 cm above the soil, is not subjected to greening.
Consumer properties of carrots Dordogne F1:
- The core of the root is not pronounced, does not occur coarsening;
- Homogeneous internal structure of the fetus;
- High percentage of sugars and carotene;
- Taste at the Nantes level;
- Overgrowth, cracking of root crops is excluded;
- The variety is not prone to bolting;
Manufacturability varieties for farms and peasant farms
- Smooth friendly shoots;
- Unpretentiousness to the quality and acidity of the soil;
- Indifferent varieties to the vagaries of weather;
- Dordogne carrots are suitable for mechanized harvesting: root crops are not subjected to mechanical damage;
- Marketability of root crops not lower than 95%;
- Korotpleplodnoe simplifies packing and packaging of root crops;
- After mechanical washing the roots do not darken, retain a uniform color;
- Early sowing will provide selective implementation of young carrots in mid-July;
- The safety of the crop in the vegetable store up to 10 months .;
- Attractive vegetable appearance provides steady demand when sold on markets and retail chains: root crops do not deviate in shape or size.
Summary table of varietal properties of carrots Dordogne:
Evaluation of the duration of the growing season varieties
Early ripe grade (110 days)
Reason for preference
Short growing season combined with the safety of root crops
Step arrangement of plants
3.5-7.2 kg / m2
Safety of root crops
8-9 months (maximum 10 months)
Dry matter content
Cultural distribution area
To the extreme north zone
Dordogne is a rare variety among vegetable crops, undemanding to the qualitative composition of the soil. Seeds germinate and produce a steady crop on heavy, dense soils. A necessary requirement is deep autumn plowing: in favorable years, the roots reach a length of 30 cm.
Presowing fertilization, fertilizing during the growing season, measures for soil aeration affect the increase in crop yield. On heavy clay soils with an insufficient amount of compost and humus, it is recommended to make rotted hardwood sawdust from autumn.
Seed germination ranges from 95-98%. On a garden bed, where every seed, when sown by a conductor, knows its place, this guarantees the required planting density without bald spots and excessive thickening, which leads to deformation and shredding of fruits.
Seed material preparation begins in the autumn: experienced gardeners recommend long-term pre-sowing hardening of carrot seeds with frost. Seed treatment to destroy pathogenic microflora is not always required. Seed growers make a warning label on the package, if before packaging the complex processing of seeds is carried out.
Dordogne carrots are agricultural crops that can manage with rare irrigation. Full vegetation will be provided by repeated loosening, mulching of the ridges when the soil dries, including both compost and freshly mowed grass.
To avoid damage to the fruit, it is permissible to harvest the root crops on the household plot without digging, pulling the vegetables out of the ground by the tops. The plant is connected to the root firmly, does not come off.