Beans are not very common for our country garden culture. Although many people eat it, only a few people think about growing. The reason for this omission is the lack of information about this beautiful plant of the legume family.
Useful properties of beans
To think about how to get a bed of beans in your garden, will help information about its beneficial properties, which are not so little:
- This plant, according to the content of proteins and amino acids, is very close to the composition of meat and fish. This fact can be very useful to vegetarians, as well as people leading a healthy lifestyle, in which a variety of plant foods is important.
- The content of vitamins: A, C, B vitamins, carotene. Trace elements: iron, sulfur, zinc, chlorine, sodium, magnesium, phosphorus, potassium. You can also add various amino acids to the beneficial substances that have already been mentioned.
- Due to the high content of fiber, eating beans cleans the intestines, contributes to its proper operation.
- It has a diuretic effect, so it is used in the diet for some diseases of the liver, kidneys, bladder, etc.
- Eating it has a beneficial effect on the nervous system, providing the effect of antidepressants.
- According to some scientists, it has anti-tumor properties.
- Promotes weight loss.
All of these useful properties have been applied in cosmetology. Masks with this ingredient nourish, bleach, tighten and clean. It is suitable for every skin type and does not cause allergies.
Such pleasant and useful properties undoubtedly raise the importance of this cultivated plant as a product of healthy and dietary nutrition.
Attention! Drinking beans has not only beneficial properties, but also contraindications and restrictions: gastritis, peptic ulcer, pancreatitis, cholecystitis, nephritis, gout, as well as old age person.
This is due to the fact that, getting into the intestine, it leads to increased gas formation.
Variety of grain beans "Royal"
Variety variety is divided into main types:
- Asparagus (sugar) - their pods are tender, and the seeds are small, so they use them directly pods.
- Universal (semi-sucrose) - they are used by both pods and beans.
- Cereals (shelling) - eat only ripe seeds that are larger in size. The pods of these varieties are suitable only for animal feed.
It is precisely to the last varieties that the royal beans are, as the name implies.
Variety late maturation (about 72 days). The plant of this variety has very large pods, about 12-14 cm long, as well as the largest beans (there are only 3-4 of them in the pod) of white color. In form, this variety refers to climbing plants. The length of the whip reaches 3.5 meters.
The beneficial properties of a plant of this variety are directly proportional to the size of its fruit.
During flowering, royal beans are able to decorate the area on which it is located.
Royal beans grow very quickly, while producing a bountiful and high-quality crop, which is consistently harvested as it ripens.
Royal beans have no resistance to frost, so they are planted at a steady temperature of 12-15 degrees Celsius, in a permanent habitat.
When planting a powerful plant of this variety, it is imperative to think of a landing site. Perhaps it will be some kind of original support, or royal beans will decorate the fence. The soil at the site should be light. Clay soils, as well as soils with stagnant water, are not suitable for royal beans.
Beans before planting in the ground should be soaked before spitting.
Put royal beans in moist soil to a depth of 5 cm, with a distance of at least 15 cm between the holes.
Young plants of this variety must be protected from possible frosts, providing them with a safe shelter.
Care of royal beans consists of the usual actions fair for any plants:
- Regular weeding and loosening the soil. Roots must receive oxygen;
- Feed scheme is normal. During the period of growing green mass - nitrogen fertilizers. Flowering and the beginning of fruiting - phosphorus-potassium. Plants of this variety, which grow quickly and bear fruit abundantly, are in need of additional nutrition;
- Watering depends on weather conditions. The royal bean itself is demanding of moisture. Therefore, in the dry season, it needs abundant watering, especially at the stage of crop formation;
- If a plant of this variety has struck a fungal or other infection, it is necessary to treat the planting with copper preparations (Bordeaux mixture, oxyfine, etc.).
Royal beans are green manure, that is, it nourishes the soil with nitrogen in the course of its life.
Harvesting and storage
The ripening of grain varieties is determined by the dry and yellow pod, which is easy to open.Tip! However, for preservation, it is better to take slightly immature royal beans, which have just begun to turn yellow.
It will be more gentle and better retain its useful properties. The pods ripen gradually, therefore, they are harvested as soon as they are ready, and not at one time.
After harvesting, the royal beans are lightly dried, peeled, and then harvested.It is important! If wormhole beans were seen during harvest, care should be taken to preserve the crop.
Otherwise, the pests will destroy during the winter most of the stocks. To prevent this trouble, there are two ways out: either warm the beans in the oven before putting it in storage, or store them in a tightly closed container without air. Insects that grow out of affected beans will die from lack of oxygen.
Beans grain varieties "Royal" is not in vain got this name. Its productivity and useful properties leave no doubt. It takes up little space, grows quickly, gives a record harvest in a short time, and even improves the soil. There are many dishes, which include beans, so it is possible to find a way to use for every taste.